If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because of physical or mental illness, disability, frailty or substance misuse, then Carers Northumberland is here to support you.
Carers Northumberland can help you look after your own needs so that you stay fit, healthy and better able to carry on caring. We encourage you to enjoy time for yourself too. We can also offer you:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
We are undertaking a 3-year review to capture the perceptions of carers who currently use its services. We provide a range of services and support designed to meet the needs of carers in Northumberland whatever their age, circumstances, and the situation of the cared for person. A new model of Care...
LOOK OUT! The Golden Guide for Over 50s is out again! This popular FREE guide for Northumberland is well known for information on activities, clubs and social groups across Northumberland. Readers also discover how to find expert advice on their health, their home, their care and their money. New...
Northumberland Youth Link is a project delivered by the local charity Children North East. They are currently recruiting and train peer mentor volunteers aged between 17-25 to provide one to one support to young people, aged 11 to 18, within their local community. Mentors meet with their matched you...