If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because of physical or mental illness, disability, frailty or substance misuse, then Carers Northumberland is here to support you.
Carers Northumberland can help you look after your own needs so that you stay fit, healthy and better able to carry on caring. We encourage you to enjoy time for yourself too. We can also offer you:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
Healthwatch Northumberland have produced a Covid-19 Vaccine Q&A The COVID-19 vaccination programme has started and will build up steadily in the weeks and months ahead. It will gradually be extended to more and more people. This Q&A uses information provided by the Department of Health and...
Carers Rights Day 2020 Carers Rights Day is a national campaign that brings organisations together to help unpaid carers know their rights and find out how to get the support they are entitled to. This years theme is "Know your rights" If you would like to know more about your rights...
Since April we have continued to support carers and have been working hard to provide the services they need. We would like to know how the last six months have been for you and what impact Covid-19 has had on you and your caring role. By taking part in this survey you will help us to plan new servi...