If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because of physical or mental illness, disability, frailty or substance misuse, then Carers Northumberland is here to support you.
Carers Northumberland can help you look after your own needs so that you stay fit, healthy and better able to carry on caring. We encourage you to enjoy time for yourself too. We can also offer you:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
For those most at risk: Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food. If you’re not sure whether your medical condition makes you extremely vulnerable, regis...
Carers Northumberland have taken the decision to cancel all our support groups and events until further notice. This includes our regular monthly peer support groups and the Money Matters information sessions which are scheduled throughout March and early April. We are also unable to offer any o...
Coronavirus – COVID-19 At the moment there are many concerns over the coronavirus identified as COVID 19 worldwide. Carers Northumberland is monitoring all coverage and adhering to the advice given by Public Health England and following government guidelines as appropriate. At present there are n...
We want to hear from carers about your needs. If you are an unpaid carer of any age living in the UK, we want to hear from you. By completing this survey and telling us about what matters to you and what support you most value, you can help us shape future support for carers. It just takes about 6 m...