If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because of physical or mental illness, disability, frailty or substance misuse, then Carers Northumberland is here to support you.
Carers Northumberland can help you look after your own needs so that you stay fit, healthy and better able to carry on caring. We encourage you to enjoy time for yourself too. We can also offer you:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
We want to hear from carers about your needs. If you are an unpaid carer of any age living in the UK, we want to hear from you. By completing this survey and telling us about what matters to you and what support you most value, you can help us shape future support for carers. It just takes about 6 m...
Carers Northumberland will close on Tuesday 24th December 2019 and will re open on Thursday 2nd January 2020. During office hours please contact your doctor for medical advice and social services on 01670 536400 for care advice and information. Out of hours, social services can still be contacted...