As a carer, you may be entitled to a Council Tax reduction as certain adults are not counted for Council Tax purposes. They are referred to as disregarded persons. This means when Northumberland County Council count the number of people in your property they are ignored.


To find out more information and to apply please see the Northumberland County Council disregarded person application form


Please note; You will NOT qualify for this discount if the person you care for is your spouse/partner or your own child under 18 years of age.

For more information or to apply for a reduction in Council Tax either Email  or telephone the council tax team on 0345 600 6400