You may find that you need equipment or adaptations at home for the person you care for. A large range of equipment is available on loan to people in Northumberland from JELS (the Joint Equipment Loan Service). You may be able to get equipment, such as a walking aid or home adaptions such as handrails to make life at home easier. To get equipment a health or social care professional will assess the needs of the person you care for and the help you need to support them.

To arrange an assessment for equipment please contact your care manager or if you do not have a care manager contact Adult Care Services (Social Services) on 01670 536 400 or by email on and request an assessment. If you need to contact the Community Equipment Stores directly, you can do this by ringing (01670) 730 595.