Carers Emergency Card Scheme
posted on Tuesday, 24th March 2015
The Carers Emergency Card is available to carers registered with Carers Northumberland, and offers peace of mind that, should something unexpected happen to prevent you being with the person you care for, temporary support can be put in place until longer term arrangements are possible.
By deciding in advance what you and the person you care for would like to happen, you can ensure a speedy response if you’re taken ill, the car breaks down or something else gets in the way of you being there when you need to be.
Carers Northumberland works with the British Red Cross to administer this free card.
Why plan for an emergency?
- So that in the unlikely event of an accident, people know that someone relies on you for care
- So that the person you care for quickly gets the care they need
- To give you peace of mind
- To put you in control
What does the service offer?
- The Carers Emergency Card is recognised by all emergency services
- Back-up service run by British Red Cross
- 24 hour, 7 days a week phone number
- Short-term help
- The service is free
Other things you can do
- Talk to family, your friends and your Care Manager
- Make a plan for looking after the person you care for when you can’t be there
- Use the “Message in a Bottle”; A plastic bottle in your fridge holds your important details
- ICE - put ICE (In Case of Emergency) in your mobile phone contacts, with the number of the person to be contacted in an emergency.
Want to know more, or to apply for an emergency card, Contact our information line on: 01670 320025 or email email@example.com