If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because of physical or mental illness, disability, frailty or substance misuse, then Carers Northumberland is here to support you.
Carers Northumberland can help you look after your own needs so that you stay fit, healthy and better able to carry on caring. We encourage you to enjoy time for yourself too. We can also offer you:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
Disabled people in Northumberland could benefit from a new guide that aims to encourage organisations to make their toilets more accessible and available for people to use. The guide has been produced by researchers at Newcastle University, who worked with Carers Northumberland. It is aimed at bus...
Marking National Carers Day and the UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities this workshop aims to create greater dialogue between disabled people and their carers, community organisations, local authorities, and public organisations about the contemporary challenges accessing appropriate p...
We really value your feedback. Please help us improve our services by taking the short survey below...
We are now halfway through our 3-year BIG lottery funding and would like your views on our services and if our new services have helped you in your caring role. We would be grateful if you could take some time to complete our survey. You can complete the survey online here To request a paper cop...